A gorgeous and brilliant set of rotating playlists created by an old friend's man...The one below, "Vol. III: The Summer That Was" has been on heavy rotation over here at GG. As they say over at Playvicio.us
Don't get stuck listening to your coworker's wack playlist...Playvicio.us.....NUFF 'SAID
TEMPEH BACON WRAPPED DATES
What You'll Need:
- 1 package of pitted dates
- 1 package Light Life's Tempeh strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut date remove pit, then wrap one piece of tempeh bacon around one date and skewer with a tooth pick. Repeat until all dates have been wrapped.
- Place all of the wrapped dates on a parchment paper topped baking pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
modified recipe via cestlavegan
KALE & STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SALAD w/ PEPITAS
& MAPLE BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 6 C. Baby Kale (or regular kale chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 6 Medium Sliced Strawberries
- ½ Large Avocado, peeled and chopped
- ¼ C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Maple Syrup
- 1 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place the kale, sliced strawberries, chopped avocado, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, agave, and sea salt to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad & toss to combine.
SWEET POTATO FENNEL & EGGPLANT LASAGNA
What You'll Need: (Makes 4-5 servings)
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ small eggplant, cut lengthwise, then sliced thinly
- ¾ fennel bulb, sliced thinly (Cut rings in half for semi-circle slices. Discard top and leaves.)
- 3 C. spinach leaves
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 Tbsp dried thyme)
- 1 Tbsp plain soymilk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 C. water
- ¾ C, marinara sauce, divided
- 1½ C. shredded mozzarella*, divided (or non-dairy mozzarella)
- 8 no-boil, oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large casserole dish or pan, cover lasagna noodles with water and let soak for 60 minutes. Remove from water.
- In the meantime, put the water and potatoes in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil over medium heat in a deep sauté pan. Add fennel and cook for five to six minutes, stirring frequently. Add eggplant, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté together for an additional four to five minutes, until both vegetables are soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon of oil over medium heat in the sauté pan. Add spinach and cook for one to two minutes, stirring frequently, until leaves begin to soften and turn dark green. Remove from heat and set aside in a small bowl.
- Once potatoes have cooled, add soymilk and thyme and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Lightly oil an 8-by-8-inch baking dish, or coat with cooking spray. Cover bottom with two tablespoons marinara sauce and top with two lasagna noodles. Top generously with mashed sweet potato mixture, using about one-third cup per noodle. Layer with fennel and eggplant, and top with spinach and a light sprinkle (about ¼ cup) of cheese. Top with two lasagna noodles; cover noodles with two tablespoons marinara, one-third cup sweet potatoes per noodle, vegetables, and cheese. Repeat. Top with remaining two lasagna noodles. Cover with remaining marinara sauce and cheese (about one cup).
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continuing baking for five to eight minutes, until cheese is lightly browned; watch carefully to prevent burning. Let cool for five minutes before serving.
recipe via thewashingtonian
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE JALAPENO COOKIES
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 C. mashed Avocado
- 1/8 C. Olive Oil
- 3/4 C. Agave
- 1/4 C. Unsweetned Soy Milk
- 4 Jalapenos (2 diced and 2 whole)
- 1/2 C. Dark Chocolate chips or more :-)
- 1/2 C. Cacao Nibs
- Mix Flour, Cocoa Powder and Baking Soda in small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the Avocado, Olive Oil and Agave in another bowl. In a blender mix 2 Jalapenos and Soy Milk until smooth.
- Add the Jalapeno Soy Milk mixture to Avocado mixture and mix well. Slowly add flour mixture and combine well.
- Add Dark Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Nibs and Diced Jalapenos. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Spoon dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Bake 13-15 minutes.
recipe via happyorangeworld
creative commons image via karine*imagine